My "other" expensive hobby besides computer gaming is movies. I'm just on the out side of Home Theater phenomenon. I'm not quite at the entry level yet but I'm getting there. Back in 1990 I was near the leading edge. With my 27 inch TV, matrix surround sound stereo system, and laser disk player; I was as close as mere middle class mortals could get. Since then I've let it slip. Mostly because laser disk failed to become mainstream and throwing gobs of money to watch video tapes didn't seem worth it. Then DVD came on to the scene. While I was normally the first of any of my friends to get into a new electronic frontier, I was a late comer to DVD. Between throwing money at my computer and being burned by the failure laser disks I wasn't in a hurry to get on yet another bandwagon to hell. Late 1999, I got my first, and current, player. Here is my current setup
- 32 inch Sony WEGA TV
- AIWA AV DV57 Receiver - Not high end but its Dobly Digital 5.1.
- Speakers: Bose book shelfs for mains and Kenwoods for surrounds. I have no center channel or sub yet. I don't have a desire for sub but a center channel is needed I know.
- Samsung 709 dvd player - Great player for the price. Doesn't play the Matrix though.
- RCA VCR - four head stereo VCR. No big deal.
- Digital Cable - Sucks but I got a great deal on it. Can't wait to go back to dish
My DVD collection
Electric Light Orchestra Out of the Blue Tour
Escape from New York
Extremely Goofy Movie
Green Mile The
Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World
Jurassic Park 3
Lost In Space
Mission Impossible 2
Muppets in Space
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Princess Bride The
Spy Who Loved Me The
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek 7: Generations
Star Trek 8: First Contact
Star Trek 9: Insurrection
Star Wars Episode One The Phantom Menace
Toy story 1 & 2 Ultimate Toy Box Set
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
You Got Mail