Last Updated: December 30th 2001
I get a lot of email, but often its the same questions
over and over. Not that I might, I'm just very very lazy and it could take
weeks before I answer. I hope this page will answer most of your
Q: Can you make me a copy of the Duckman game?
A: No. I don't have the ability to nor the time.
Q: Where can I find a copy of the Duckman game?
A: The best place to find a copy is ebay.
A copy turns up every so often. The next best place is The Underdogs, an
"abandonware site", use to have Duckman for download. Now they
just have a small write up and a link to a place that has it for sale from
time to time. Here
is a direct link to their duckman page. Also I know it circles around
in pirating groups. No I really don't have any information related to
which ones nor how you can get in contact with them. Honest. I'm not
kidding in a "wink wink nudge nudge" kind of BS a lot of people
try to pull. I don't know anything beyond what people have emailed me from
time to time and I tend to ignore it. Also I don't want to give the
impression I sit on a high horse. I realize that this game may be near
impossible to get outside of a pirated copy.
Q: I downloaded a pirated copy and it doesn't work.
What it wrong?
A: As I've been told, you'll have to unzip the file and you'll get a bunch of files called duckman.000 duckman.001 and so on. (use winzip or powerarchiver)
Combined all those files (copy /b duckman.* duckman.rar at the command prompt)
Use winrar (another program to download and install) to uncompressed that file and install.
In the game, turn off voices and music or it will crash
Then you can play Duckman!
Q: I don't understand. Can
you please explain further?
A: That is about as simple
as I can make it. If you can't get that to work, then you'll either need
to find someone who can do it for you or just get a more legal copy
Q: I got the pirated version to work
but I really want sound. Can you help me?
A: You are
playing a copy that had its sound and music ripped out to make it more
download friendly. There is nothing I can do to make those files reappear.
Why doesn't the game work?
A: Assuming that you
installed it correctly, there are a few issues that could stop it from
working. The biggest issue is that many new cards don't support 320x200
direct X mode. With out that, Duckman will simply not run. Another issue
is drivers. Sometimes new drivers on cards that will work sometimes don't
work in the mode needed. Mostly because no one checked that mode to see if
Q: Why don't you update often?
There isn't must to say. This isn't a new upcoming hot game. I'm rather
lazy as well so I don't want to run a site devote to some hot game that
hasn't been released yet. I wanted to say that I found a game that I
thought was never released, I played it, I liked it, and here is what I
have to say.
Q: Is there a walkthrough?
Yes, but I didn't write it and it isn't detailed. I'm not sure who the
author is. Its credited to several different people on the net and most of
the time it has no credits at all. This is the last FAQ so feel free to
quit reading now to avoid spoilers. Here is is:
This game contains what I call modes. If you right click the mouse the cursor switches between two
modes. Mode 1, the Normal mode shows the cursor as Duckman w/question marks ober his head. Mode 2,
Pisssed off mode, shows Duckman mad.
1. Use Normal Mode on Julio, then use Pissed off mode on him to get the TV remote.
2. On the map click on the spa. Use Normal mode on the intercom, talk about Julio and then
about his green card.
3. Pick up the matches and goto Paramount.
4. Use Normal mode on the guard at the gate. Use Pissed off mode on the Executive
5. Goto your house. Knock on the door and talk to Ajax about a jacket.
6. Click on the doorframe to go into your (former) room. Use Normal mode on the crate.
7. Kill Fluffy and Uranus (not neccesary, but really funny, to kill them use Pissed off
mode on any of the following objects)
8. Go outside and pick up the garbage can lid and use the matches with the mailbox.
9. Goto the Duckman Superstore.
10. Pick up the cardboard cutout of the new Duckman and enter the Superstore.
11. Talk to the reporters, then go into the back room. Use the cutout on the markings
on the floor.
Pick up the tape recorder and go up to the room at the top of the steps.
12. Go back to Fluffy and Uranus's house. Use the tape recorder with the phone.
13. Go back to the Superstore, go into the back room, put the tape recorder back, then
use the doll with the new Duckman.
14. Go to the agent's office and get the fortune cookies. Read them and remember the characters
for "YOUR MOTHER SLEEPS WITH INFECTED MEN"
15. Use the opera lessons with the light bulbs on the billboard. Use Pissed off mode on the
phone. When the repairman comes use Pissed off mode on the controls. Put the lever in the
DOWN position. Engage the brake. Put the lever in the UP position. When the screen says
CAUTION! disengage the brake and get the sparkplug and use Pissed off mode on the tool
compartment of the truck and get everything in it.
16. Go into the plumbing store and used Pissed off mode on the Chinese guy. Talk about
the Chinese glyph, when it comes your turn to speak Chinese just say the glyphs for
"YOUR MOTHER SLEEPS WITH INFECTED MEN" When he goes to kick you use the can lid on him.
17. Go to Dante's Infernally Good Pizzeria. Use Pissed off mode on the plunger at the
sauce station, when it doesn't work, use the plunger on the mouth of the 'demon' sauce
dispenser. Use Pissed off mode on the plunger at the cooking station, go into the back room and get
the glow~in~the~dark Elvis poster and exit the pizzeria to the map.
18. Go back to the back room at the pizzeria and put the Elvis poster back on the wall.
Use Pissed off mode on the deadbolt. Use the matches on the pilot light and go back and
push the plunger. Push the plunger at the chainsaw station, use the spark plug on the chainsaw.
19. Go to your house and use the wrench on the faucet handle. Get the Guide To Picking Up Women
from the tool box.
20. Go to the Superstore and talk to the guy selling Wacky Putty. Talk to him about
money and then give him the Guide to Women.
21. Go to the Christmas Tree Museum. Get the ladder from the fire hall and use it on
the gas truck. Also use the red spray paint and the Discotronic hat on the truck.
22. Go into the museum and use Normal mode on the old lady.
23. Go to Paramount. Use the Wacky Putty on the steps of King Chicken's trailer.
Use the Dante's Pizzeria business card on the payphone. In King Chicken's trailer use
Normal mode on the blueprints and click on the blueprints and the script.
24. Use the TV remote on the Robot Duckman. Click power and then the button on your right
in quick succession.
25. Use the spray paint on the lower lefthand corner of the screen. Pick up the bucket
and squeegee and use them on the window.
26. Use the teleporter controls to locate and teleport in the repairman.
27. When falling thru space use the gum on the chair.
28. THE END